Motherhood is so much more than clean-pressed laundry and a home-cooked meal on the table every night. When we stand before God at the end of our lives, I don’t believe He’s going to ask how many organic meals we prepared, themed birthday parties we threw, or even how perfect our parenting was. He’s going to ask: who did you become? And did you learn how to love?
If you’re anything like me, you’re inviting Motherhood to prune you into the person God created you to be and pressing into His presence as He takes you from glory to glory. I believe these 21 questions to ask yourself to be the best possible mom will allow us to step back and refocus on the things that matter most. I pray that they will awaken the beautiful warrior in you and help lead you to even higher ground, in His name!
1. How am I working on me during this season of life?
2. Do I lead by example?
3. How is my prayer life?
4. Do I prioritize daily time with God?
5. What is the last thing God told me to do? Have I done it?
6. Do I foster an environment of open and respectful communication?
7. What is my child’s love language?
8. What kind of energy to I contribute to our home on a daily basis?
9. Do I honor my child’s father?
10. In my closest relationships, do I seek closeness or distance?
11. Do I regularly use words of affirmation in our home?
12. Do I govern my household with love or with fear and intimidation or manipulation?
13. Do I say “I’m sorry, will you please forgive me” when I’m wrong?
14. Do I give my family permission to be themselves?
15. How do I respond when my child makes mistakes? How about their father? Myself?
16. Do I communicate my own needs?
17. Do I accept help?
18. Do I give my love freely or expect others to earn it?
19. Am I consistent in my responses? Do my loved ones know what to expect?
20. When, where, and how do I refill my tank?
21. What am I proud of myself for?
What other insightful questions should we be asking ourselves? Please share your wisdom in the comments for all of us!
More posts you might like: