How sobering is to think that even though we live in a time where we can connect to just about anyone, anywhere– we are lonelier than ever before? I believe it’s because we’ve traded connectedness for true connection and status updates for real relationship.
I can’t tell you how many women I hear from who cry themselves to sleep for desperate loneliness each night—even though they have beautiful families surrounding them. If that’s you too—you are not alone. Thousands of women are living with the same emptiness and confusion. But there is hope! I wrote “To the Woman Who’s Lonely in a House Full of People” just for you. I pray that you will be encouraged by my story and suggestions to turn everything around.
For now—I’m sharing 7 bible verses that we can stand upon during seasons of loneliness. We can have the knowledge that no matter what is going on around us, our Heavenly Father, the Alpha and Omega, the Creator of the Universe is surprisingly close by. Some have described Him as closer than our next breath—and I’ve always drawn strength from that illustration. His Word and Precious Holy Spirit is here to ever comfort us when we need it most.
Here are my favorite 7 Bible Verses for Seasons of Loneliness:
1) “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” –Deuteronomy 31:6
2) One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. –Proverbs 18:24
3) Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. –Matthew 11:28-29
4) And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. –Matthew 28:20b
5) A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land. –Psalm 68:5-6
6) So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. –Isaiah 41:10
7. By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. -1 John 4:13